PREPAID PAYMENT INSTRUMENT (PPI)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to and regulate the provisions of ‘Prepaid Payment Instruments’, collectively “Prepaid Cards” or “Cards” or “PPIs”. The PPIs’ are issued by “ANDHRA PRADESH MAHESH CO-OPERATIVE URBAN BANK LTD.
In this agreement, “We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to the Bank “You” / “Your” refers to the Customer / Holder / Card Holder, purchasing or using the PPIs, issued by the Bank.
By completing the sign-up process for availing any of the PPIs’, you are deemed to have expressly read, understood and accepted each and every “Terms and Conditions” mentioned herein. You are explicitly agree to be bound by all the “Terms and Conditions” mentioned herein, as may be amended from time to time.
In these "Terms and Conditions", unless the contrary intention appears and / or the context otherwise requires, capitalized terms defined by:
- inclusion in quotations and / or parenthesis have the meanings so as prescribed,
- the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them herein below;
“Account” refers to a prepaid account with an account balance equivalent to the amount loaded on the PPIs, for the purpose of monitoring the limits available on such PPIs.
“Business Day” means a day other than a Sunday, 2ndor 4th Saturday of a Month or Public Holiday as defined in Negotiable Instrument (NI) Act, on which banks are open to transact business of banking.
“Charges” means such levy, costs and charges levied by us for usage of the PPIs, as amended from time to time.
“Customer” / “Holder”/ “Card Holder” shall mean any person to whom the PPI is issued and who is authorized to hold and use the same against the value stored / loaded on such PPI.
“Customer Care Centre” refers to the contact center provided by us for addressing all the queries, complaints raised by Customer or any details or information sought by customer pertains to the PPIs.
“EDC” / “Electronic Data Capture” machine, means terminal, printer, other peripheral and accessory and necessary software on which the PPIs can be swiped or used to initiate a transaction.
“Internet Payment Gateway” means the protocol stipulated / to be stipulated by us authorizing the payments made using PPI over the internet upon authentication of customer.
“KYC” shall mean ‘Know Your Customer’ guidelines adopted by us for the purpose of identification and verification of customer, pursuant to the regulations issued by Reserve Bank of India, from time to time.
“Merchant Establishment” shall mean such physical establishments (including but not limited to stores, shops, restaurants, hotels, etc.) and reloadable stores (in any type of electronic form including but not limited to e-commerce platforms, digital marketplaces, etc.) located in India, having a specific contract with us (or a contract through a payment aggregator / payment gateway / card network) for accepting PPI.
“Payment Channel” shall mean various modes of transactions, including but not limited to EDC / POS Terminals / Kiosks / Internet Payment Gateway / Mobile based payment solutions and various other modes as intimated by us from time to time.
“Personal Identification Number” (PIN) is a numeric password provided to customer by us.
“POS”/“Point of Sale” means electronic terminals maintained by Merchant Establishments in India at which customers can use the PPI.
“PPI” shall mean a “Prepaid Payment Instrument”, which includes, Re-loadable Cards, Gift Cards, etc., that facilitates purchases against the value stored / loaded on such PPIs as defined in the regulations.
“Regulations” shall mean the Master Directions, Circulars, Notifications, Rules, Guidelines, Regulations, etc., issued by Reserve Bank of India and /or any other competent Regulatory Authorities related to issuance and operation of “Prepaid Payment Instruments” in India, as amended from time to time.
“Schedule of Charges” shall mean the details of fees or charges as may be prescribed by us from time to time and displayed on our website.
“Transaction” means transaction initiated by customer using PPIs at any Merchant Establishment.
“Andhra Pradesh Mahesh Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd”/“Issuer” shall mean “Andhra Pradesh Mahesh Co-Operative Urban Bank Limited”, a multi–state Scheduled Bank, registered under the Multi State Co-Operative Societies Act, and having its Registered Office at “8-2-680/1 & 2, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500 034, India.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PPI
- The PPI shall be the exclusive property of the Issuer.
- All the communications to us pertains to the PPIs or related transactions shall be made by customers only.
- Customer shall promptly notify us immediately incase of change in his / her address / contact details, etc.,
- Card Holder shall comply with all the applicable laws of PPIs as amended from time to time.
- Card Holder shall always keep his / her card in a safe and secure manner.
ISSUANCE AND USAGE OF PPI
- The PPI shall be valid only within the territory of India and for transactions in Indian Rupees only. The PPI cannot be used outside the territory of India or for any transactions denominated in foreign currencies.
- The PPI shall not be transferable to other individuals or third party under any
- No interest shall be payable to customer on any balances maintained on the PPIs at any point of time.
- Customer agrees and confirms that, the PIN shall under no circumstances be revealed to any relative or family members or any third party personal. Customer shall be solely responsible and liable for the consequences arising out of such unauthorized disclosure of PIN and / or unauthorized usage of the PPIs. We disclaim all responsibility and liability arising out of or in connection with the unauthorized usage of the PPI and / or any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, incurred by customer as a result of such misuse. If customer forgets or misplaces the PIN, customer should contact support center number mentioned on the card through his / her registered mobile number. Charges may applied for re-generation of pin (REPIN) as applicable from time to time.
- We shall inform or intimate customer 45 days prior to the expiry of the issued PPIs through SMS on registered mobile number or on the registered email id or as specified in the regulations, applicable from time to time. Customer need to utilize the entire loaded / available balances on the PPIs prior to its expiry. In case customer does not utilize the available balances on the PPI within the validity period, customer may approach us for renewal / closure of the PPI, subject to the permitted type of PPI.
- The Customer shall sign and retain all the charge slips generated for each of the transaction consummated at Merchant Establishments. We shall not be obliged to provide copies of the charge slips or transaction slips to customer. Any such request by customer will be at our sole discretion and provided such requests have been made by customer within forty-five (45) Business Days from the date of transaction. Customer agrees that we shall be entitled to charge additional cost or charge for providing copies of the charge or transaction slips.
- Any charge / surcharge or any other cost levied by any Merchant Establishment in relation to any transaction, shall be directly settled by customer with the Merchant Establishment. We shall not be liable or responsible, either directly or indirectly, for any act or omission on the part of the Merchant Establishment or the charges or cost levied by them pertains to transaction(s).
- All refunds and adjustments due to any Merchant Establishments on account of device error or communication link shall be processed manually and the account shall be credited after due verification, post settlements done by the involved authorities, by us pursuant to the applicable rules, regulation and our internal policies. Customer agrees that any subsequent transaction(s) shall be accepted or honored only based on the available balance in the account, without taking into account any disputed amount under consideration by us. Customer shall unconditionally keep us indemnified against any loss or damage caused to us on account of dishonoring the payment instructions as a result of insufficient funds in the account. Customer agrees that we shall be entitled to deduct the amount of such loss or damage caused to us directly from the account.
- Customer undertakes to act in good faith at all times in relation to all dealings of the PPI. Customer accepts full responsibility for any illegal or wrongful use of the PPI in contravention to the “Terms and Conditions” contained herein.
- Customer hereby agrees not to use the PPI for making payment(s) of any goods and services, which is illegal under the laws. The PPIs cannot be used for making purchases of prohibited or contraband products or services like lottery tickets, banned or prohibited magazines, participation in sweepstakes, purchase of bitcoins, payment for call-back services, etc.,
- We do not take any responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries suffered or caused to customer in connection with the service, quality of goods and services provided by the Merchant Establishment, refusal to accept (conditional acceptance) the PPI by Merchant Establishment and inability (technical issues) to use the PPI at Merchant Establishments.
- Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that, if there is no transaction for a consecutive period of one (1) year on the PPI, subject to validity of the PPI, the same shall be made inactive by us after sending a notice to customer. The PPIs can only be reactivated by us after validations and requisite due diligence, as stipulated from time to time as per the guidelines / instructions issued by regulator(s). Such PPIs shall be reported to the Reserve Bank of India upon made inactive.
- Customer hereby agrees to receive SMS or Email alerts from us for all transactions done using the PPIs issued to him / her. The SMS or Email alerts from us shall stipulate debit and credit transactions, balance available or remaining on the PPI or such other information or details as stipulated by us, from time to time.
- Customer agrees that, we may, at our sole discretion, utilize the services of external service provider(s) or agent(s) on such terms as required or necessary, for provisioning of the services in relation to the PPI.
- Customer shall have access to Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”) as uploaded by us on our website, from time to time.
- In the event of any breach of these “Terms and Conditions” by customer, we shall have the sole right to forthwith cancel or terminate the PPIs without having any liability, claim, demand or dispute against us.
- Customer undertakes and agrees to indemnify us against any loss, damage, claim, penalty, cost, charges or expenses (including legal counsel fees) that, we may incur and / or suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of customer committing any breach of the “Terms and Conditions” contained herein.
- The issued PPI shall be valid until the expiry of date printed on the face of the PPI. Customer agrees and undertakes to destroy the PPI upon its expiry.
- Customer agrees that, the issued PPI shall be defaced by cutting off the top right-hand corner, ensuring that both the hologram and the magnetic strip have been cut and has been destroyed or received by us. Customer agrees that, customer shall continue to be liable for any charges incurred on the PPI prior to its termination, irrespective of the fact whether customer has or claims to have destroyed the PPI.
- We may at our sole discretion, terminate the PPI if;
i.Customer is declared insolvent or in case of death of customer.
ii.Customer committing breach of any of the terms, conditions, stipulations or its obligations under these “Terms and Conditions”.
iii.Any restrictions imposed on customer by an order of a competent Court or Order issued by any regulatory or statutory authorities in India or any investigating agency.
iv.The program becomes illegal under the applicable laws, and regulations.
v.The program is terminated.
- We, at our sole discretion, reserves the right to, either temporarily or permanently, withdraw the privileges on the PPI and / or terminate the PPI at any point of time without giving any notice or assigning any reason thereof. In case of a temporary withdrawal, the privileges attached to the PPI shall be reinstated by us at our sole discretion. In case of a permanent withdrawal, we have a right to cancel the PPI permanently. However, it is made distinctly clear that withdrawal (temporary or permanent) shall constitute automatic withdrawal of all benefits, privileges and services attached to the PPI. Customer agrees that, in the event of temporary or permanent withdrawal of the PPI, customer shall continue to be fully liable for all charges incurred on the PPI prior to such withdrawal, together with all other applicable charges thereon, unless otherwise specified by us.
- If, we temporarily or permanently, withdraw the privileges or terminate the PPI, we shall on best effort basis, promptly notify customer. We shall not be held liable or responsible for any such delays or laches in receipt of such notification.
- Upon termination of the PPI, the balance amount, if any, lying in the account shall be refunded back to the source on the request of the customer & upon submission of valid ID & account proofs as per guidelines stipulated for the type of PPI.
- Charges shall include:
i.Any fees charged by us in respect of the PPI, including replacement, renewal, handling and other fees, etc., if any.
ii.Service charges on specific types of transactions.
- Charges shall be non-refundable, non-transferable and non-assignable in nature.
- All charges, in the absence of manifest error, shall be final and binding on customer and shall be conclusive in nature.
- All statutory taxes, including goods and service tax, imposts, duties (of any description whatsoever) as may be levied from time to time by Government of India or other competent authorities in respect of or in connection with the PPI, shall be borne by customer.
- All charges related to the PPI shall be debited from the account, as may be levied from time to time. Customer shall become liable to pay as soon as the charges has been incurred by use of the PPI.
Issuance of new Physical Card
Card Replacement / Re-Issuance
Annual Maintenance Fees
The charges mentioned above shall be exclusive of applicable taxes.
LOST, STOLEN OR MISUSED PPI
- If the PPI is lost or stolen, customer must immediately report such loss or theft to the “Customer Care Centre” and request for immediate suspension of the PPI.
- Customer acknowledges that, once the PPI is reported lost, stolen or damaged, such PPI cannot be used again, even if found subsequently.
- Customer is responsible for the security of the PPI and shall take all steps towards ensuring that the PPI is not misused. In the event we determine or receives any information that customer has neglected or refused or failed to take steps as indicated above, in case of loss, theft or destruction of the PPI, we reserve the sole right to cancel or terminate such PPI.
Customer may at any time can place a request to close his / her issued PPI, subject to the permitted type of PPI, also subject to the applicable guidlines of Reserve Bank of India. Customer can place a closure request by visiting Bank Branch by submitting duly filled presicribed closure application form along with the necessary documents. A fees of Rs. 50/- exclusive of taxes will be debited from the available balance as a ‘Closure fee’. All the closures will be processed within T+10 business days.
EXCLUSION FROM LIABILITY
Without prejudice to any other provisions of these “Terms and Conditions”, we shall not be liable to the card holder for any loss or damage whatsoever or however caused or arising, whether directly or indirectly, in connection with these “Terms and Conditions”, including, without limitation, any loss or damage arising from;
i.Refusal of any person to honour or to accept the PPIs.
ii.Handing over of the PPIs by the card holder to any other person.
iii.Any interruption or stoppage in the card holder's access to and / or the use of the PPIs.
CUSTOMER PROTECTION- LIMITING LIABILITY OF CUSTOMER
In case of any dispute relating to the time of reporting and / or transaction(s) made on account or any other matter in relation to the said account, Bank shall reserve the rights to ascertain the time and / or the authenticity of the disputed transaction and your liability in case of unauthorized transactions in your PPI, due to third party fraud or where you have not contributed for the fraud will be driven as per the guidelines of Reserve Bank of India. Any changes in the regulations as amended from time to time shall be applicable and binding at that point of time.
Following shall be the liabilities of the customer;
Time taken to report ‘Fraudulent Transaction(s)’ from the date of receiving the communication
Within 3 working days
Within 4 to 7 working days
The transaction value or Rs. 10,000/-, whichever is lower
Beyond 7 working days
The customer liability shall be unlimited / to the extent of the amount of transaction
- Any charge or transaction slip or other payment requisition received by us for payment shall be conclusive proof of such charge, unless the PPI is lost, stolen or fraudulently misused and evidenced by customer.
- All disputed transactions in relation to the PPI shall be required to be raised with our ‘Customer Care Centre’, within fifteen (15) Business Days from the date of the disputed transaction. Customer acknowledges that, any request, after fifteen (15) Business Days from the date of the disputed transaction shall not be accepted.
QUALITY OF GOODS AND SERVICES
Any dispute with or complaint against any Merchant Establishment(s) regarding any goods purchased or services availed, must be directly resolved by customer it self.
Customer acknowledges and consents sharing of information pertaining to customer and the usage of the PPI with any other Banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities only in case of any financial misuse / fraud / legal cases where Reserve Bank of India, any regulatory authorities, Government of India or Court directs us to disclose such information.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that, we may report to any other Banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities, any customer delinquencies and / or the usage of the PPI only in case of any financial misuse / fraud / legal cases where Reserve Bank of India, any regulatory authorities, Government of India or Court directs us to disclose such information. We shall not be obliged to disclose the details of such banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities to the Customer, including the extent of such disclosure unless Reserve Bank of India, any regulatory authority, Government of India or Court expressly permits us to disclose the name of the said financial entity.
- Customer hereby authorizes us and our agents to exchange, share or part with all the information relating to customers details and payment history with our group companies or affiliates only in case of any financial misuse / fraud / legal cases where Reserve Bank of India, any regulatory authority, Government of India or Court directs us to disclose such information.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
All disputes arising in relation to these “Terms and Conditions” shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of “Hyderabad”, Telangana, India.
AMENDMENT OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We reserve the sole right to change these “Terms and Conditions”, features and benefits offered on the PPI, including but not limited to charges.
- We shall communicate the amended “Terms and Conditions” by hosting them on our website or in any other manner as decided by us.
- Customer shall be responsible for regularly reviewing these “Terms and Conditions”, including amendments thereto as may be posted on our website and shall be deemed to have accepted the amended “Terms and Conditions” by continuing to use the PPI.
CUSTOMER GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
a. In the event of any dispute or grievance in relation to the PPI, customer may contact “Customer Care Centre” on +91-8469656261.
b. In the event the dispute or grievance in relation to the PPI and / or these “Terms and Conditions” is not adequately addressed or resolved by the “Customer Care Centre” within 10 (Ten) business days, customer may approach the Nodal Officer, details of which can be found on our website under Home >>> Customer Care >>> Grievance Redressal Mechanism.
c. We agree that, all complaints, disputes or grievances raised by customer shall be addressed and / or resolved in a time bound manner.
d. Customer may at any point of time approach the Banking Ombudsman for the grievance redressal, if not satisfied with the addressed resolution. List of Banking Ombudsman is available on the website of Reserve Bank of India i.e.https://www.rbi.org.in/